QNAP QSW-M408-4C 10GbE Layer 2 Web Managed Switch
Entry-level 10GbE Layer 2 Web Managed Switch for SMB Network Deployment
- The QSW-M408-4C is a Layer 2 Web Managed Switch equipped with four 10GbE SFP+/RJ45 combo ports and eight Gigabit ports. Supporting Layer 2 switching and network management via a user-friendly web user interface, the QSW-M408-4C offers flexible deployment in hybrid high-speed network environments and provides an entry-level network management solution that is usable even by non-IT professionals. The QSW-M408-4C is compatible with 10GbE and NBASE-T technologies that supports up to five speeds (10G / 5G / 2.5G / 1G / 100M) to provide higher transmission speeds with existing Cat 5e and 6a cables. With its high performance, user-friendly management features and desktop size, the QSW-M408-4C allows you to instantly upgrade to a hybrid high-speed network environment at a cost-effective price, while optimizing network bandwidth and ensuring network maintenance security.
The QSW-M408-4C is equipped with four 10GbE SFP+/ RJ45 combo ports and eight Gigabit ports. Compatible with 10GbE and NBASE-T technologies to support five speeds (10G / 5G / 2.5G / 1G / 100M), the QSW-M408-4C offers higher transmission speeds when used with existing cables.
- Featuring a user-friendly web UI, the QNAP Switch System (QSS) provides an overview dashboard, port management and setting guide, making central network management intuitive and easy.
- The QSW-M408-4C provides Layer 2 management features, such as LACP, VLAN, ACL and LLDP for IT administrators to efficiently control the network bandwidth and enhance security.
- The QSW-M408-4C is one the few web-managed switches that supports Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP). You can easily and efficiently deploy small/medium-scale networks that support expansion, redundancy and loop prevention.
- Compliant with IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet and IEEE802.3x Flow Control in full-duplex mode, the QSW-M408-4C avoids packet loss from unparalleled bandwidth, and reduces power consumption for low-speed and inactive connections.
- QSS (QNAP Switch System) helps administrators update firmware with just one click, ensuring network security.
Flexible deployment with multiple 10G SFP+ fiber and Gigabit ports
The QSW-M408-4C provides four 10GbE SFP+/RJ45 combo ports and eight Gigabit ports for connecting various devices and enabling hybrid high-speed networks. With SFP+ interfaces, direct attach copper (DAC) cables can be used for connecting directly to SFP+ devices. You can also use RJ45 ports to connect 10GBASE-T/NBASE-T™ devices through RJ45 Category 6, 5 or 5e cabling. The switching capacity of QSW-M408-4C is 96Gbps, guaranteeing the full potential of each port.
Note: The 10GbE SFP+ ports are backward compatible with 1GbE SFP; the RJ45 (copper) combo port supports up to five speeds (10G / 5G / 2.5G / 1G / 100M).
QSS: Intuitive Network Management Software with Web GUI
The QSW-M408-4C uses the QNAP Switch System (QSS), which features an easy-to-use Web GUI with value-added functions to simplify network set up and management.
Use the at-a-glance major functions, flat control layers and one-click login to simplify set up and management.
The visual illustration matches physical ports for greater usability.
With the setting guide, status chart reference, online firmware update, the learning and management costs are greatly reduced.
Optimize Network Performance with bandwidth and packet control
The QSW-M408-4C provides bandwidth and packet control functions (such as LACP, VLAN, QoS, and IGMP Snooping) for boosting network performance through IP grouping and bandwidth management.
Powerful security and system functions
The QSW-M408-4C has powerful security and system functions (including ACL, LLDP, RSTP and Flow Control) to help administrators enhance network reliability using access controls, troubleshooting, loop prevention and avoiding packet loss.
Faster speeds using existing cables with 10GBASE-T & NBASE-T
The QSW-M408-4C is compatible with 10GbE and NBASE-T technologies to support up to five speeds (10G / 5G / 2.5G / 1G / 100M). The SFP+/RJ45 (copper) combo ports provide higher transmission speeds with existing cables. Depending on cable types and their lengths, different speeds can be achieved for faster, more efficient data transfer.
Note: To achieve 10Gb/s speeds, if the distance between the switch and the device is less than 45 meters (148 feet), a Cat 6 cable can be used.
Improve team productivity with a 5GbE/ 10GbE High-Speed Network
From NAS with built-in 10GbE SFP+ and 10GBASE-T ports, or NAS with PCIe slots that support 10GbE/5GbE/2.5GbE network adapters, QNAP has led the industry in 10GbE adoption. Other high-speed network solutions from QNAP include Thunderbolt 3 to 10GbE Network Adapters and USB 3.2 Gen 1 to 5GbE Network Adapters. These can all be used with the QSW-M408-4C to create a comprehensive high-speed network environment for boosting the performance of photo/video editing, virtualization, large-file data transfers, and other bandwidth-demanding tasks.
Desktop size for easy use in offices
With a compact and modern design, the QSW-M408-4C fits perfectly alongside other devices in modern digital offices. Featuring a delicate white or textured surface design, the QSW-M408-4C helps users to easily identify each port. The flexible DC power connector also assists in universally deploying the QSW-M408-4C. Being fully plug-and-play, simply connect the QSW-M408-4C to your devices and it will do the rest.